Explore Historic town centre: Tour A
Join Sherborne Historic town tours on a 2 hour guided walking tour around the beautiful and unspoilt town of Sherborne.
Tours start and finish at Sherborne Tourist Information Centre. Guide: Cindy Chant
See the sights, discover the secrets, and meet the faces behind the facade. Parts of the town centre have survived almost intact since medieval times, impervious to change going on all around. The local gold coloured stone and the intermingling of architectural styles spanning over 1300 years of history, give a special feel.
Explore Sherborne’s history and listed buildings en route. Of course, there’s so much more to the past than gorgeous buildings. Come with us and you’ll hear stories of the great and not so good of our beautiful north Dorset market town. People make a place interesting!
The past shouldn’t be dry, dusty or deadly dull! We aim to bring local history to life with quirky facts and humorous tales. Find out about Sherborne’s association with Saxon Kings, early Christianity, medieval treasures, fire, famous Shirburnians, film locations, why Sherborne became the first town in the West of England to experience a severe bombing raid, the towns link to both Queen Victoria and Princess Diana and …………………..
Terms & conditions clients agree when booking:
- All guests are expected to follow terms and conditions which adhere to the safety measures for ‘Covid-19 Guidance for Tour Guiding.
- Only clients who have pre-booked by 18.00 the day before a tour can join a group. Tours will consist of a maximum of 8 people plus one tour guide.
- During the tour, clients will be invited to:
- Maintain 2 metres distance between people from different households
- wear a face mask and bring hand sanitizer
- Follow the risk assessed route (Anyone who leaves the group to enter other premises will be deemed to have left the tour and are no longer the guides responsibility.
- If you do not feel well, stay home. We will happily rearrange your booking if requested.
- Go to occurrence page
- Oct 05 2020
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm