Sherborne – a special market town. Tour B
Join this 2 hour guided walking tour around the beautiful and unspoilt town of Sherborne.
Tours start and finish at Sherborne Tourist Information Centre. Guide: Paul Birbeck
See the sights, discover the secrets, and meet the faces behind the facade. Parts of the town centre have survived almost intact since medieval times, impervious to change going on all around. The local gold coloured stone and the intermingling of architectural styles spanning over 1300 years of history, give a special feel.
This tour looks at the origins and fascinating historical changes to the shops, markets, independent businesses, traditions and the importance of coaching inns ….. There’s so much more to the past than gorgeous buildings. Come with us and you’ll hear stories of the great and not so good of our beautiful north Dorset market town. People and events that make a place interesting! The 18th September and 16th October tour coincide with the monthly Farmers Market – an opportunity to experience local produce and meet local producers.
The past shouldn’t be dry, dusty or deadly dull! We aim to bring local history to life with quirky facts and humorous tales – there’s certainly a few of those!.
Terms & conditions clients agree when booking:
- All guests are expected to follow terms and conditions which adhere to the safety measures for ‘Covid-19 Guidance for Tour Guiding.
- Only clients who have pre-booked by 18.00 the day before a tour can join a group. Tours will consist of a maximum of 8 people plus one tour guide.
- During the tour, clients will be invited to:
- Maintain 2 metres distance between people from different households
- wear a face mask and bring hand sanitizer
- Follow the risk assessed route (Anyone who leaves the group to enter other premises will be deemed to have left the tour and are no longer the guides responsibility.
- If you do not feel well, stay home. We will happily rearrange your booking if requested.
- Go to occurrence page
- Oct 03 2020
- 10:15 am - 12:30 pm